I love making me some pizzas. I hate waiting hours for dat pizza dough to rise. SOLUTION!
(Cue really loud fast music)
10 MINUTE DOUGH!
PUT IT IN YOUR MOUTH!
Now that my career as a hardcore singer is secure, here is what you need for two regular pizzas or one big, thick pizza:
2 – 3 C flour*
1 package yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
1/2 tsp salt
1 C warm water
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp dried herbs of your choice, optional (basil, oregano, rosemary, chili powder, etc)
*Your amount of flour used will depend on the type you use. Ex) with an unbleached white, it is about 2 1/2 cups.
1. In a large bowl, mix 2 C flour, yeast, salt, and herbs.
2. Mix in warm water and olive oil.
3. You want a soft dough, but not a dry one. Mix/knead the dough by continuing to add flour by 1/4 C if needed.
4. Once you have a nice dough, knead for about 5 min on a floured surface until it is smooth and elastic.
5. Place back in bowl, cover with a slightly damp cloth, Let rise 10 minutes.
6. Preheat oven for 400 for normal pizzas, 375 for thick pizza.
7. Form the dough into balls and roll out to desired shape/thickness.
8. Oil pans and place dough on it. (*You can sprinkle cornmeal on the pan before you put the dough on it, if you’re into that kinda thing)
9. Poke holes in the bottom and load up with sauces and toppings!
10. Bake 20-30 min or until golden brown.
Or make 6 mini pizzas you can bake in the toaster oven!
Protip: arugula on top! Boom!
PROTIP: Only need one pizza? Go ahead and bake a plain crust for 5 minutes, then put it in the freezer for later baking!
PROTIP: Calzones! Need I say more?
One thought on “Fast Awesome Pizza Dough”
I am extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it’s rare to see a nice blog like this one these days..