Now it’s time for a cosy week night dinner!
Let me tell you, I am IN LOVE with this sauce. You can smother over ANYTHING and elevate it to a whole new level. mmmmmmmmm But for our nice dinner tonight, I am using Fry’s chicken patties. Nice and easy!
Saffron Almond Chicken
1 pack Fry’s Chicken patties (4), baked to box instructions
1 clove garlic
- Preheat oven for vegetarian chicken patties.
- Lightly toast almonds in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until browned and fragrant, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place 4 Fry’s chicken patties on baking tray, and bake following the box instructions.
- While patties are baking, heat frying pan on medium-low heat with a splash of vegetable oil and add onion slices, stirring occasionally until caramelized, about 6-8 minutes.
- While onions are cooking, start the sauce.
- Place toasted almonds in food processor and pulse until coarse. Set 2 tsp of the ground almond aside for garnish.
- Add the garlic clove, saffron threads, and vegetable broth to the food processor. Blend until smooth. Add salt to taste, if needed.
- Place finished sauce in pan with the caramelized onions to heat through and thicken slightly.
- Serve sauce and onions over hot chicken patties, garnished with chopped toasted almonds and micro greens, if using.