Now it’s time for a cosy week night dinner!
Let me tell you, I am IN LOVE with this sauce. You can smother over ANYTHING and elevate it to a whole new level. mmmmmmmmm But for our nice dinner tonight, I am using Fry’s chicken patties. Nice and easy!
Saffron Almond Chicken
1 pack Fry’s Chicken patties (4), baked to box instructions
150g almonds, whole
1 white onion, sliced
1 clove garlic
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp saffron threads
300ml vegetable broth
salt to taste
choice of micro greens for garnish (optional)- shown here using pea shoots
- Preheat oven for vegetarian chicken patties.
- Lightly toast almonds in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until browned and fragrant, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place 4 Fry’s chicken patties on baking tray, and bake following the box instructions.
- While patties are baking, heat frying pan on medium-low heat with a splash of vegetable oil and add onion slices, stirring occasionally until caramelized, about 6-8 minutes.
- While onions are cooking, start the sauce.
Saffron Almond Sauce:
- Place toasted almonds in food processor and pulse until coarse. Set 2 tsp of the ground almond aside for garnish.
- Add the garlic clove, saffron threads, and vegetable broth to the food processor. Blend until smooth. Add salt to taste, if needed.
- Place finished sauce in pan with the caramelized onions to heat through and thicken slightly.
- Serve sauce and onions over hot chicken patties, garnished with chopped toasted almonds and micro greens, if using.
Shown here served on a bed of saffron rice, topped with pea shoots and a side of roasted curried cauliflower and red peppers on raw cauliflower leaves.
Check out the recipe on Fry’s website along with some other amazing mains. AMAINZING if you will. Eh? Eh?