This is based practically entirely on my General Tso’s Tofu.
This is for more of a spicier Cajun vegan finger, so replace any spices with what you see fit!
2 C dried bean curd skin/peel
2 C veg. chicken broth (1 bouillon cube = 2 C broth)
1 C cornstarch
1/2 tsp cayenne powder
1/2 tsp oregano, dried
1/4 tsp cumin, ground
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1. Boil 2 C of water and add bouillon cube. Stir until dissolved.
2. Put dried tofu in a bowl. Pour 1 C of broth over to cover tofu. Stir around.
3. Let sit for 10-15 minutes (whenever you don’t feel any hard parts). You may need to add more broth as needed.
4. Place cornstarch and spices in a tall bowl. Stir with a fork.
5. Heat 1/4″ of oil in frying pan on Med/Med-High heat. Drop a small piece of batter in (a little of the cornflour + a little broth). When it sizzles, it’s ready. (BE CAREFUL OF NOT GETTING ANY LIQUID IN THE OIL!)
6. When tofu is ready, drain the excess broth (don’t let it sit in it).
7. One at a time, place about 10 soaked tofu bits in the bowl of cornstarch. Gently swirl it around to cover completely. They should look dry. If moisture is coming through, give them another swirl.
8. Gently place in the oil. Fry each side about 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside to drain on a paper towel.
9. Repeat 7 & 8 in small batches until all gone (duh).
Serve with your favorite sauce! I used BBQ sauce and a homemade ranch.