When I was little, we used to go to the only Tex-Mex restaurant around and I was allowed to have the magical “crunchy ice cream” for dessert. I sometimes say this to people and they exclaim, “Oh! I love fried ice cream!” This isn’t fried ice cream my friends, and apparently, it is little known. I’ve never seen it on another menu. It’s super easy and fast to make for that little extra sumthin’-sumthin’ for dessert times. Even using vegan ice cream, OmniMonkey gets all crazy-eyed when I ask if he’d like some. It knows no food boundaries!
Crunchy Ice Cream
This is for 4 scoops of ice cream:
- Vanilla non-dairy ice cream, 4 scoops
- Sweetened corn flakes (something like a frosted flakes or crunchy flakes), a big handful (1 1/2-ish C), but you can always add more.
- Cinnamon, a shake
Obviously, it all depends on how much you want to make. Eyeball it =)
- Crunch corn flakes up, not too big, not too small, and put into a bowl.
- Add a shake of cinnamon & mix.
- Roll ice cream ball around in corn flake mix. Pat mixture into ball if needed.
If you wanna get crazy, add some spray can vegan whipped cream on top!
3 thoughts on “Crunchy Ice Cream”
your not VEGAN
My not vegan?
It clearly says vegan ice cream above, and you an buy vegan spray whipped cream as well. And this website is all vegan. And every other recipe is vegan. And I’ve been vegan for 12 years. So, yeah.