I’ve been toying around with this for a couple of weeks, and these are definitely taste sensations!
2 slices of bread (any type)
2 Tbsp non-dairy milk
1 Tbsp vegan mayo
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp parsley flakes
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning (copy-cat recipe)
1 lb firm tofu, drained & pressed
salt to taste (no more than 1/4 tsp)
1. In a mixing bowl, tear up the bread into small pieces. Add the milk to moisten the bread. It will be a little sticky.
2. Except for the salt, add & mix the remaining ingredients, crumbling the tofu. Now add the salt to taste.
3. Mix with your hands to make sure the tofu is really crumbled up and everything is all stuck together.
4. Heat a frying pan on medium heat, with just a little bit of oil.
5. Form the mix into (about) 10 patties. Pat them with pressure to make sure the air is out, and that they will stick together.
*Note: Make a thinner, normal sized patty as compared to the very thick normal crab cakes. They are easier to handle, cook better, and have more lovely golden crunch.
6. Fry until golden brown (just a few minutes). Be gentle when flipping the patties.
Avoid fattie patties like the one in the back! Keep them thin!
7. Eat! Enjoy any way you please. On their own with a little mayo, in a sandwich, in a salad, etc.
Makes 10 patties on average.
14 thoughts on “Vegan Crab Cakes”
I’ve been looking for a vegan crab cake recipe for ages! I’m definitely going to have to try this soon!
Those look awesome!!
http://wellmeatagain.blogspot.com>>that’s me! 🙂
those look great! i made a recipe for vegan crab cakes using tvp and they turned out pretty well (although i’ve never had a “real” crab cake)…i’d like to try it using tofu though. thanks for the recipe!
These were yummy; we had them for dinner tonight. I plunked a few into some sesame seeds before frying-that was tasty, too. I served ’em up with some cocktail sauce. >>BTW-I’m also enjoying the fun in Vegan with a Vengeance; thanks for that.>>Donna
that was some sort of good solution – there are some other good solutions available into the
market but this sems
acai berry detox
website design services
Looks like a resourceful website! Thanks for sharing Nursing Resume and Sample Nursing Resume
It's true that it takes five minutes to form the loaf, but the bread still has to rise and bake. Darn. A total of five minutes would suit me. It's awfully good, though.
I am so impressed w/evernote so far. really pro stuff. thx folks
red cross cna classes
There are many other essential acai berry supplements in Acai Berry – like phosphorus, iron, calcium, potassium, Vit-B1, Vit-B2, Vit-B3, Vit-C, and Vit-E – minerals and vitamins that are important for the sound functioning of your body.
I had received the first edition of “Make” magazine as a gift and it was really awesome…
What a great recipe, in fact crab it's amazing for dysfunctional problems. So I used to made crab recipes at home for my husband or he just visit Viagra Online
Generic Viagra Buy Viagra
Very interesting menu…I haven't taste a crab cake before. Hopefully after I read the blog and I try to bake a crab cake in this recipe.
used HTC Touch Diamond 2